Here are some of my thoughts after reflecting on the different tactics I used to heal:
- You cannot speed up healing a broken heart, but it is possible to slow down the process
- There is no perfect way to heal
- Be open. Be brave. Try something new.
- You cannot remove a guy from your system by detoxing, washing your hair, or anything else
- You can improve your outlook by focusing on the positive. And then you cry less!
- Be mindful, be present. Now is a good time to practice.
- It doesn’t have to be complicated or expensive to be effective to help a healing process.
- I personally liked this way better than drinking.
- I choose feeling over numbing.
- It’s ok to feel sucky.
- It’s not always about my problem. I don’t have to be “fixed”
- Strive to be the best person I can be, mind my own front yard or something like that.
- You don’t have to have a rebound to feel like you’ve wiped the slate clean.
This is just a short list of how I could sum up what I learned from my healing process. It felt like a more holistic process and I was able to feel my way through it. I really started to be in touch with what made me feel good- respected and playful. I didn’t have to hide my feelings or make excuses for myself or for the guy. And I didn’t have to bad mouth him either. I just took care of myself.
That felt good.